5 Şubat 2015 Perşembe

HELP RISING FROM THE DEPTHS

Simin Uysal

It truly fascinates me to see how our dreams,among other things, can provide us with great insight on our current emotional states and help us through challenging ones in unexpected ways.

A couple of weeks ago, I rose from a dream where I was under the sea with a shark! I don't perceive sharks as bad and they have helped me in some dreams. This one was different though. We were face to face and I could see its teeth and it was not friendly at all.

I am only human and although I am a good swimmer, there is no way for me to compete with a shark. I was feeling totally terrified and sure this shark was going to eat me alive. I briefly tried recalling the documentaries about what one can do and even thought about kicking its nose to make it go away but quit the idea because obviously it was not going to be helpful. I needed help and needed it NOW!

At that moment, I started hearing something like a song from the depths of the sea. Then within a few moments, I could see a gigantic whale rising from the deep. The whale was so big. Its colors were blending with the depths of the sea and the sunlight from above. It was here to help! The shark, now reduced to the size of a toy compared with the whale, disappeared instantly. Then we made it to the surface and breathed together. It was such a memorable moment for me. The whale gently carried me back to the ship which was about to enter the harbour.

I rose from this dream relieved and my heart feeling light as feather. Having been struggling with emotional challenges for some time, the whale has helped to rise above them. Dream incubation has been a practice of Anatolian people for more than 4,000 years. The cuneiform tablets tell us that it's been practiced by the Hittites and a thousand years later in the temples of Asklepios and Serapis.

On top of bringing enormous relief andemotinal  healing, this dream also made me curious about whales. I did not know and wasn't too curious about whales but I am now! The great sperm whale, as I learned after a little research, is one of four whale species found around the seas surrounding Anatolia, especially the Mediterranean.

Through dreams, we reconnect with not only the spirits of the land but also the seas we live together!    

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder